Youth Recreation grant applications will be accepted on an on-going basis beginning November 30, 2015.
One (1) printed hardcopy and one (1) electronic copy (CD, email, or State File Share) of completed applications and all supplemental materials must be submitted by first class mail, hand delivery, or email.
Application Review & Award
Department staff will review and rank grant applications for both technical and financial feasibility, and the extent to which the proposed project relates to the following grant criteria:
- The need for the project, including the extent to which the proposed project will overcome a problem or deficiency faced in providing activities for Montana youth;
- The availability of other funding for the project, including the extent to which the applicant has sought out and obtained matching funds to complete the project;
- The applicant’s past efforts to ensure sound, effective, long-term facility planning and maintenance;
- The capacity of the applicant to manage the grant, including but not limited to its ability to manage the project and meet the grant conditions of the Department; and
- The community’s support for the project.
Staff will consider the overall quality of the application, including measurable project goals, tasks, and activities, and a well-developed work plan and budget, in making award decisions. Grant awards will generally be made on a first-come, first-served basis until funds have been exhausted; however, the Department reserves the right to reject applications that are incomplete, ineligible, or do not clearly demonstrate how the proposed activity will meet the legislative intent for Youth Recreational grants.
Commerce will notify successful applicants of a grant award by sending a formal Award Letter. The completed application, including any written modifications resulting from the review of the application and award of the grant by the Department, will be incorporated into the grant contract between Commerce and the successful applicant(s). The grant contract must be executed by an authorized agent of the applicant.