The Montana Main Street (MMS) program is dedicated to bettering the economic, historic, and cultural vitality of Montana downtowns through community development, revitalization, and historic preservation. MMS will foster grassroots efforts through coordination and technical assistance, focused on a comprehensive approach to restoring healthy community districts, and preserving the historic structures that contribute to Montana's unique sense of place.
Adopting the Main Street Four-Point Approach to revitalization developed by the National Trust for historic Preservation, Montana Main Street envisions a broader community and state effort dedicated to improving our downtown economies and historic districts. MMS aims to encourage and promote local efforts through a statewide network of educational outreach, coordination, and organization, to effectively lead Main Street communities throughout Montana toward fulfilling our mission as well as their own.
- Preserve and promote Montana historic and cultural resources
- Promote long-term planning for revitalization success
- Organize efforts and coordinate conversations between and within Montana communities
- Support economic, community, and tourism development to facilitate a comprehensive sense of place
- Enable small business owners to succeed by creating vibrant and healthy downtown districts