CDBG Funding Categories
The activities proposed for funding by CDBG must be designed to address needs appropriate to each category applied for. The categories include:
1. Planning Grants:
Planning activities may include preparing:
- Community Needs Assessment
- Housing Study
- Capital Improvements Plan;
- Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan;
- Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) for water/wastewater projects;
- Preliminary Architectural Report (PAR) to address deficiencies of an existing building or the adequate need for a new facility, feasibility, and estimated costs of proposed project; and
- Similar planning processes
2. Public Facilities
- Community infrastructure improvements, such as water and sewer facilities, affordable to low and moderate income families. Facilities designed for use predominantly by persons of low and moderate income such as nursing homes, senior centers, Head Start centers, or mental health centers.
3. Housing and Neighborhood Renewal
- Rehabilitate substandard housing.
- Support construction of new, permanent housing.Finance or subsidize the construction of new permanent, residential units.
- Site improvements or provision of public facilities to be used or sold for new housing.
- Demolition of vacant, deteriorated housing units with the intent of making the site available for new construction.
- Acquiring sites for use or resale for new housing, and converting existing nonresidential structures for residential use.
- Neighborhood renewal activities such as cleaning up junk and debris or improving or constructing sidewalks, streets, or neighborhood parks.
4. Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
See http://comdev.mt.gov/NSP/default.mcpx for more details.
5. CDBG - Economic Development
Contact Business Resources Division for further information on funding for economic development projects.
301 S Park Ave
Helena MT 59601
PO Box 200523
Helena MT 59620-0523
Email Community Development