- APPLICATION SUBMISSION: The application process begins with the submittal of an application by the deadline specified for a given Coal Board meeting (45 days prior to the meeting date).
The application includes:
- Project Description/Summary
- Preliminary Engineering Report (if applicable)
- Project Budget
- Implementation Schedule
- Legal/Financial Ability to Undertake the Proposal
- Discussion of Statutory Criteria:
- Need as a result of coal impacts.
- Degree of severity of impact from an increase or decrease in coal development or in the Consumption of Coal by a Coal Using Energy Complex
- Availability of Funds
- Degree of Local Effort in Meeting Needs
- Planning and Management
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: Compiles Comments & Materials Submitted by the Applicant for Distribution to Board members
- FORMAL PRESENTATION: Applicant makes presentation to the Coal Board at Board Meeting
- BOARD ACTION: Official Action by Coal Board may include:
- Approved. If approved for funding, the Coal Board sets the Grant Amount and the Contract is prepared and executed by Department of Commerce staff.
- Tabled. If an application is tabled, the applicant may submit additional information for the Board's consideration at a subsequent meeting.