About the Community Development Division
The Community Development Division strengthens Montana communities by supporting sustainable development of our charming, vibrant towns. Our staff are experts in the growth and development of communities to promote affordable housing, improved public infrastructure, economic resilience, and downtown revitalization through comprehensive planning and locally determined goals and objectives.
Alongside our community, local and tribal government partners we are building vibrant places where people want to live and visit.
Community Development staff can assist you with:
- Community land use planning and guidance
- Project planning, financing, and construction of public facilities and infrastructure
- Supporting the development and financing of affordable housing
- Revitalizing neighborhoods, downtowns and businesses
- Supporting local communities in response to impacts from coal or hard rock mining development
Contact us here.
Department of Commerce 2017 Biennium Goals & Objectives (page 10-11, 33- 45)